-   -   How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89191-how-can-i-globally-delete-empty-cells-rows-different-places.html)

McLeod

How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

I pasted a long list (report) from word pad into EXCEL. THis list has lots
of empty rows spread throughout this single column list. Can I globally
delete all empty rows?

sumitk

How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

Select the col. from which you would like to delete the empty rows. Click on
"EDIT -- Go To -- Special -- Blanks -- OK". This step will highlight only
the blank cells in the selected col. You can now delete all the blank rows at
once.

sk

"McLeod" wrote:

I pasted a long list (report) from word pad into EXCEL. THis list has lots
of empty rows spread throughout this single column list. Can I globally
delete all empty rows?

ArenaNinja

How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

The one worded-response I can give you is: macro.

Open the file where you need to erase the rows, open the Macro module
by using the following steps:
Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor

In the Visual Basic window go:
Insert Module

Then, copy/paste the following into the 'Module' window that appears:

Code:
--------------------
Sub DeleteEmptyRows()

Dim LastRow As Long, r As Long

LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Delete
Next r

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Finally, press F5.

NOTE: If you do this in the file, Excel will give you a warning about
Macros EVERY time you open the file. Alternatively, you can enter the
code in a blank workbook (one that you will not save), switch to the
file where you need it, then back to the module window and press F5.

--
ArenaNinja
ArenaNinja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33624

ArenaNinja