-   -   Cant get a combo box to update without closing form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89178-cant-get-combo-box-update-without-closing-form.html)

justin

Cant get a combo box to update without closing form

Hello,

I have a quick question concerning combo boxes in forms and how to get them
to update when changes are made to the underlying table. I have a main form
that is pulling from a table. In the table there is a field called
"supplier" that is a combo box that feeds off another table called "t
supplier". On the main form i have the option to open up t supplier and add
a name if the name isnt already in the t supplier table. The problem is when
I add a supplier name, the recently added name does not appear in the combo
box on the main form until i close the form completely. I have tried
attaching a requery macro to upon click in the combo box, but for some reason
that does not work. This seems like a pretty simple problem, but I cannot
figure it out. If anyone can offer some guidance i would really appreciate
it.

Thanks