-   -   grouping in pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89175-grouping-pivot-tables.html)

LynnFree

grouping in pivot tables

When I group items in one pivot table, Excel will automatically perform the
same grouping in the rest of my pivot tables. How can I make each pivot
table independent of the others to be able to make different groups in each
pivot tables.

Peo Sjoblom

grouping in pivot tables

How do you mean, I have never had any problems grouping multiple pivot tables
differently?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"LynnFree" wrote:

When I group items in one pivot table, Excel will automatically perform the
same grouping in the rest of my pivot tables. How can I make each pivot
table independent of the others to be able to make different groups in each
pivot tables.

Debra Dalgleish

grouping in pivot tables

For all pivot tables based on the same pivot cache, the grouping is the
same. If you need different groups, you can base each pivot table on the
source data, instead of another pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures