-   -   formating numbers to text in columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89083-formating-numbers-text-columns.html)

TimR

formating numbers to text in columns

How can you convert a column of formatted numbers to a column of text. I
can go into format/cells/text..but when I do I do not get the little
triangle in the cells upper left hand corner indicating a number formatted
as text.

For whatever reason...my app that uses this info will not work right unless
that little triangle is there in Excel.

Is there a way to change a whole column and get the triangle marker there in
one operations

Excel 2003

Thanks, Tim

Ron Coderre

formating numbers to text in columns

Try this:

Select your column of numbers
<data<text-to-columns
Check: Fixed Width.....Click [Next] twice
Set the column format to: Text
Click the [Finish] button

That should convert the numbers to text.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP