-   -   conditional formatting of entire rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89075-conditional-formatting-entire-rows.html)

Mike

conditional formatting of entire rows

Does anyone know how to conditionally format an entire row based on value of
1 cell in that row. For example, I have a list of clients at our agency, but
when they are terminated I would like to be able to highlight the line in
gray instead of just deleting the record.

bpeltzer

conditional formatting of entire rows

Use conditional formatting, but use the 'Formula Is' selection in the first
drop-down, rather than Cell Value Is. Then set the formula to return TRUE
when that first column holds a 1: =($A1=1). Then you can copy / paste
special formats.