-   -   Is it possible to fill rows in Excel beyond 65536? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88870-possible-fill-rows-excel-beyond-65536-a.html)

Suresh

Is it possible to fill rows in Excel beyond 65536?

Is there any way that I could populate a single work sheet in MS Excel 2000
or for that matter any of the Excel versions to around 700000 rows.

The maximum size of MS Excel 2000 being 65536(row count). I would like to
bypass this limit and go ahead saving information beyond this limit.

Ardus Petus

Is it possible to fill rows in Excel beyond 65536?

Yo cannot do that.
Wait for Excel next version

HTH
--
AP

"Suresh" a écrit dans le message de news:
Is there any way that I could populate a single work sheet in MS Excel
2000
or for that matter any of the Excel versions to around 700000 rows.

The maximum size of MS Excel 2000 being 65536(row count). I would like to
bypass this limit and go ahead saving information beyond this limit.

Harald Staff

Is it possible to fill rows in Excel beyond 65536?

Not possible in a single sheet. 2^16 rows is a hardcoded maximum in all
current versions.

You may want to upgrade to Excel 2007 when it arrives.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Suresh" skrev i melding
Is there any way that I could populate a single work sheet in MS Excel

2000
or for that matter any of the Excel versions to around 700000 rows.

The maximum size of MS Excel 2000 being 65536(row count). I would like to
bypass this limit and go ahead saving information beyond this limit.

Dave O

Is it possible to fill rows in Excel beyond 65536?

You can expand onto other tabs within the same workbook, but as other
posters have noted, 2^16 rows is the current upper threshhold.

Depending on the nature of your data, you may want to consider MS
Access if waiting for the next release of Excel is not a viable
alternative. If you're using a spreadsheet as a database, with 700k
records you may need to consider using a database package.