-   -   Comparing databases (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88857-comparing-databases.html)

coastwalker

Comparing databases

I have one 'master' database, and will be having to match it up with
several other databases that come in once a month for about 6 months.
All the databases will include person's names (as well as other
information), and I want to be able to segregate out everyone on the
additional databases whose name does not appear on the 'master'
database. Is there an easy way to do this? :confused:

Thanks!

--
coastwalker
coastwalker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34490

Dave O

Comparing databases

By any chance is there a unique identifier in each record that would
differentiate between multiple instances of "John Smith"? This would
help immensely.