-   -   I want to copy a cell by date if Cell = Today() then... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88787-i-want-copy-cell-date-if-cell-%3D-today-then.html)

quickquestion

I want to copy a cell by date if Cell = Today() then...

Here is my situation. I have a workbook that needs to have the
following:

1 2 3 4 - 31 Days of the Month

In the cell underneath the days I need it to put the total earned for
that day. So I need to do an analysis by day for the totals. I want
to automate this whole process.

Here is what I have so far, but ofcourse it isn't working:

=IF(B38=Q13,F3,"")
B38 is a =DAY(B35)
B35 is a simple =Today()

In my If stament I'm overwriting the old cell value. Yesterday all the
15's were filled out. Now today they are blank while all the 16s are
filled out. I need to setup and graph this whole process so I need it
to keep yesterdays value in yesterdays cell. Just leave it alone till
next month when date = num.

Thank you for any help.

--
quickquestion
quickquestion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34481

Ardus Petus

I want to copy a cell by date if Cell = Today() then...

Try this:
=IF(B38=Q13,F3,"")

That will leave your previous days filled

HTH
--
AP

"quickquestion"
a écrit dans le message de news:

[...]

Why did mine delete it though? Because I didn't have the than sign?

--
quickquestion
quickquestion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34481
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542423

Ardus Petus

I want to copy a cell by date if Cell = Today() then...

Precisely!

Cheers,