-   -   HOW DO I SET UP DROP DOWN CELLS TO AUTO FILL AS I START TYPING IN. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88723-how-do-i-set-up-drop-down-cells-auto-fill-i-start-typing.html)

Trenner

HOW DO I SET UP DROP DOWN CELLS TO AUTO FILL AS I START TYPING IN.

I have dropdown cells set up which draw from a list on another worksheet, I
am trying to set it up so that when I start to type within the cell it will
strat filling from the list.

paul

HOW DO I SET UP DROP DOWN CELLS TO AUTO FILL AS I START TYPING IN.

if you have a list hidden directly above your input cell as you type excel
will fill in from the list above.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Trenner" wrote:

I have dropdown cells set up which draw from a list on another worksheet, I
am trying to set it up so that when I start to type within the cell it will
strat filling from the list.

broro183

HOW DO I SET UP DROP DOWN CELLS TO AUTO FILL AS I START TYPING IN.

Hi Trenner,

Have a look at Debra's pages:

The start (for background info),

useful page,

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068