-   -   Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88630-create-form-add-data-excel-40-odd-columns.html)

Dexxterr

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

Hi all. Trying to create a data input form in Excel, with over 40 fields.
The built-in form on the data menu allows only 32 columns of data. Is it
possible to create a bespoke form in Excel or Word to generate more than 32?

Dave Peterson

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

You may want to look at John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Dexxterr

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

Dave - thank you for that. JW's 'features' describes this as having an
unlimited number of potential fields - which is what I was after. All I have
to do now is learn to use VBA... :)

Thanks again, regards,

D.

Dexxterr wrote:

Hi all. Trying to create a data input form in Excel, with over 40 fields.
The built-in form on the data menu allows only 32 columns of data. Is it
possible to create a bespoke form in Excel or Word to generate more than 32?

--

Dave Peterson

Dexxterr

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

Thank you Dave; that does the job fine. Now, how can I create something
similar?

D.

Dexxterr wrote:

Hi all. Trying to create a data input form in Excel, with over 40 fields.
The built-in form on the data menu allows only 32 columns of data. Is it
possible to create a bespoke form in Excel or Word to generate more than 32?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

You can use his program as-is. Or you could even buy his code ($20USA, IIRC)
and modify it the way you want.

Dexxterr wrote:

Hi all. Trying to create a data input form in Excel, with over 40 fields.
The built-in form on the data menu allows only 32 columns of data. Is it
possible to create a bespoke form in Excel or Word to generate more than 32?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dexxterr

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

Dave

Yes, I could - it's more a case of getting better with Excel. I have
started something in the VBE and am thoroughly enjoying myself!!! (Wierd, eh?)

Thanks again, most appreciated.

Regards,

D.

Dexxterr wrote:

Hi all. Trying to create a data input form in Excel, with over 40 fields.
The built-in form on the data menu allows only 32 columns of data. Is it
possible to create a bespoke form in Excel or Word to generate more than 32?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Create form to add data to Excel 40 odd columns

You may want to buy a book. Debra Dalgleish has a list of books at her site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

John Walkenbach's is a nice one to start with.

Depending on how advanced you are...

Professional Excel Development
By Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey, John Green

See if you can find them in your local bookstore/internet site and you can
choose what one you like best.