-   -   Help Arranging Data on Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88480-help-arranging-data-spreadsheet.html)

[email protected]

Help Arranging Data on Spreadsheet

I have constructed a spreadsheet which details the comparison between
expenditures generated in maintaining a boat between two partners (
Adam & Bill ) , who share these equally.

This spreadsheet has the following columns :-

A :- Date
B:- Name
C:- Purchase
D:- Amount
F:- Adam's purchase amount divided by 2
G:- Bill's contributions
H: Balance between F & G

"Adam" does all the purchasing
and this amount divided by 2 is shown in column F .

The other partner "Bill" has his contributions detailed in column G
and then the totals in F & G are compared to show the Balance in
column H.

As subsequent purchases and contributions arise and are entered as
described , these appear in column C3, C4...etc with the resultant
BALANCE being constantly adjusted in column H but always shown in cell
H2. Similarly with the totals shown in columns F & G , i.e these also
are adjusted automatically with the data entered in column C but are
also always shown in cells F2 and G2

I would like these amounts now shown in cells H2 , F2 & G2 to appear
on the same row as the latest entry in column C but don't know how to
arrange this so it happens each time I enter a purchase in column C.

Can anyone help with this , please ?

B.N.

Richard

Help Arranging Data on Spreadsheet

In cell H3 enter =H$2$ and drag down
do the same for F and G

Hope this helps
--
Richard

" wrote:

I have constructed a spreadsheet which details the comparison between
expenditures generated in maintaining a boat between two partners (
Adam & Bill ) , who share these equally.

This spreadsheet has the following columns :-

A :- Date
[...]

Sorry, I should be =$H$2
--
Richard

" wrote:

I have constructed a spreadsheet which details the comparison between
expenditures generated in maintaining a boat between two partners (
Adam & Bill ) , who share these equally.

This spreadsheet has the following columns :-

A :- Date