-   -   Help - Auto update from multiple spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88262-help-auto-update-multiple-spreadsheets.html)

plngarbage

Help - Auto update from multiple spreadsheets

Problem: I have multiple tabs in one spreadsheet that get updated by many
different people.
Current methodology: I send the spreadsheet out to people, they each update
their tabs and send it back to me. I then open each spreadsheet that is
returned, locate the correct tab on the master spreadsheet and paste the
updated information in.

I am looking for a way that automates much of this updating process. Here
are my thoughts, but I am not sure if this is possible. Also, if there are
other solutions, I would love to hear about them.

I was thinking if I had one separate file for each tab, I could have a tab
for each in a master spreadsheet that I could link to the information in the
individual files. If the individual file was updated, the tab in the master
would automatically be updated with the new information. Notes- I want the
actual information in the tab as opposed to just having links to each file.
In MS Project this can be done through sub projects.
Thanks.