-   -   search for number in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88079-search-number-excel.html)

Shieldfire

search for number in excel

I was trying to search for a number (200310005 - formated as text) in a
cell in an Excel spreadsheet. I do this from "My Computer" (searching
content) but the search fails to produce the correct document even when
the search string is in the excel sheet.

I've checked the formating of the cell (text).

I've exported the excel sheet to text and imported it to a new file -
doing the search again. It fails again. Formated as text or not.
Any suggestions on what's going on here?
(Excel 2000)

Martin S