-   -   I think this should be pretty simple... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/87733-i-think-should-pretty-simple.html)

Levi

I think this should be pretty simple...

I am new to excel and I need some help. I have seen it done before where you
can "relate" 2 cells together, but still keeping them in their own respective
cells. My problem is this, I have a column of scores and a coulmn of names. I
would like to be able to type in a score and have the name appear next to it
automatically by means of some formula. Is this a complicated as I am making
it? I have used many functions but still cannot find a remedy to typing in
each name by hand. I would like the list to have the capability to grow also,
so I could enter more names and scores..I appreciate your time taken to read
and respond to this.
Thank You a thousand times over.

Don Guillett

I think this should be pretty simple...

have a look in the help index for LOOKUP and VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Levi" wrote in message
[...]