-   -   cell references increase by 3 per row "=I1" then "=I4" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/87487-cell-references-increase-3-per-row-%3Di1-then-%3Di4.html)

jwk515

cell references increase by 3 per row "=I1" then "=I4"

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that takes the output of column "I" and
will then display it in columns "J-L". I would like columnd J to have I1,
I4, I7... and column K to have I2, I5,... going down. How can I create a
formula or refence that will automatically fill these columns in? I have
approximately 3000 entries in column I of which they are concatenate formulas
from the entries in columns A-H.

Another question I have is when using the concatenate formulas, is there
away to display the various references with in the cell in different fonts or
have some in boldface vs regular?

Thanks for your help
John K.

Max

"jwk515" wrote:
I am trying to create a spreadsheet that takes the output of column "I" and
will then display it in columns "J-L". I would like columns J to have I1,
I4, I7... and column K to have I2, I5,... going down. How can I create a
formula or refence that will automatically fill these columns in? I have
approximately 3000 entries in column I of which they are concatenate formulas
from the entries in columns A-H.

Put in J1: =INDEX(I:I,ROW(A1)*3-2)
Put in K1: =INDEX(I:I,ROW(A1)*3-1)
Select J1:K1, fill down as far as required to exhaust the data in col I
(until zeros appear)

Another question I have is when using the concatenate formulas, is there
a way to display the various references within the cell in different fonts or
have some in boldface vs regular?

AFAIK, no ..
--
Max
Singapore

jwk515

cell references increase by 3 per row "=I1" then "=I4"

Thanks for your help.

John K.

"Max" wrote:

"jwk515" wrote:
[...]