-   -   Referencing to cells in a sorted list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/87405-referencing-cells-sorted-list.html)

tbobster

Referencing to cells in a sorted list

I have a list in a spreadsheet. In another part of the spreadsheet, I am
referring to cells in the list. When I sort the list, the cells referenced
have different data in them. Is there a way to reference the list so that
cells referring to the fields in the list follow the specific item to which
they are referring?

Is this clear?

Ardus Petus

Referencing to cells in a sorted list

AFAIK, Excel can't do that.

HTH
--
AP

"tbobster" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I have a list in a spreadsheet. In another part of the spreadsheet, I am
referring to cells in the list. When I sort the list, the cells referenced
have different data in them. Is there a way to reference the list so that
cells referring to the fields in the list follow the specific item to
which
they are referring?

Is this clear?

Ronco

Referencing to cells in a sorted list

Maybe the =VLOOKUP function referencing your original list would do what you
need.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

AFAIK, Excel can't do that.

HTH