Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PDS

Default How can I make the names for Sheet tabs a reference to a cell?

I want the tab names in my workbook to be cell references. If it is a Macro
function I will need the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saziz

PDS,

This formula gets your sheet name in cell A1:

=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

Syed

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

This may help:

Sub Macro1()
Sheets(1).Select
Sheets(1).Name = Cells(1, 1).Value
End Sub

This tiny macro will set the name of the tab equal to the value in cell A1,
for the first tab..

It can be easily modified to loop over all tabs, use different cells, etc.
--
Gary''s Student