-   -   Calculating Number of days from one date to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/86503-calculating-number-days-one-date-another.html)

Renz09

Calculating Number of days from one date to another

I need I formula to calculate the number of days from one date to
another.

Example:
01-May-06 to 05-June-06 = 36 days

I've tried the 360 day function, but the problem being it calculates
based on 360 days not the number of days in each month. Each month is
either 28, 30,or 31 days in it. I need a formula that calculates on
the month not the day. Please somebody help me with this!!

--
Renz09
Renz09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34069

papou

Calculating Number of days from one date to another

Hello
Assuming 05-June-06 is in B1 and 01-May-06 is in A1
Formula in C1 :
=B1-A1
And format as Standard

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Renz09" a écrit dans
le message de news: ...

I need I formula to calculate the number of days from one date to
another.

Example:
01-May-06 to 05-June-06 = 36 days

I've tried the 360 day function, but the problem being it calculates
based on 360 days not the number of days in each month. Each month is
either 28, 30,or 31 days in it. I need a formula that calculates on
the month not the day. Please somebody help me with this!!

--
Renz09
Renz09's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=538357

Pete_UK

Calculating Number of days from one date to another

Your example just states the number of days, and this can be obtained
by subtracting one date from the other and formatting as number with
zero decimal places. You might also look into using DATEDIF if you want
to express the result as x months y days.

Hope this helps.

Pete