-   -   Insertion of formulas in foreign language in english version of ex (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/86436-insertion-formulas-foreign-language-english-version-ex.html)

Pedro

Insertion of formulas in foreign language in english version of ex

Hi!

I have a doubt/request concerning the insertion of a formula in Excel in a
different language from the one the program is using. More specifically, I'm
interested in inserting formulas in both English or Portuguese languages in
an International English version of Excel. It is a strong limitation of Excel
2003 not being able to accept formulas in other languages rather than
English.

If a spreadsheet is saved in a Portuguese version of Excel and then opened
in an English version, formulas inserted in Portuguese (for instance SOMA)
are automatically converted to English (SUM in my example). However, if I try
to write SOMA(a1:a5) it gives an error!

Thanks,
Pedro