-   -   How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/86415-how-do-i-use-excel-information-second-excel-worksheet.html)

plittle

How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet

I am trying to transfer excel worksheet information, also used as a merge for
a word document, into another excel worksheet then I will be adding
additional information to that second worksheet

robert111

How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet

in cell A1 of spreadsheet2 type =

then go to spreadsheet1 cell A1 and press return

spreadsheet 2 is now a copy of spreadsheet 1 after you have dragged the
formula down and across as required.

Add new info and get merging....

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

plittle

How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet

Thank your for the advise. I did what you said in the spreadsheets and it
worked great but I do not know how to merge them together. I am totally new
to Excel. Could you please explain the "add new info and get merging . . .
" comment.

"robert111" wrote:

in cell A1 of spreadsheet2 type =

then go to spreadsheet1 cell A1 and press return

spreadsheet 2 is now a copy of spreadsheet 1 after you have dragged the
formula down and across as required.

Add new info and get merging....

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=538207

plittle

How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet

Can you please explain the "add new info and get merging . . ." comment.
The cell A1 thing worked but now I do not know how to "merge". I have not
used Excel before so all this is new

"robert111" wrote:

in cell A1 of spreadsheet2 type =

then go to spreadsheet1 cell A1 and press return

spreadsheet 2 is now a copy of spreadsheet 1 after you have dragged the
formula down and across as required.

Add new info and get merging....

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=538207

robert111

How do I use excel information for a second excel worksheet

your original question said you would be adding new info before doing
the mail merge