-   -   Converting to minutes and seconds (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/86321-converting-minutes-seconds.html)

JaB

Converting to minutes and seconds

Hi there

Does anyone know how to convert a number into minutes and seconds in the
following format - mm:ss

Many thanks

JaB

Converting to minutes and seconds

To expand - I would like to do this when the number is the result of a MAX
formula. I have tried using the custom mm:ss format but this just gives me
the result 00:00 for some reason.

"JaB" wrote:

Hi there

Does anyone know how to convert a number into minutes and seconds in the
following format - mm:ss

Many thanks

Ardus Petus

Converting to minutes and seconds

In which units is the number expressed (seconds, minutes, hours, ... ) ?

--
AP

"JaB" wrote:

Hi there

Does anyone know how to convert a number into minutes and seconds in the
following format - mm:ss

Many thanks

JaB

Converting to minutes and seconds

At the moment, the figure expressed is in seconds but displayed just as a
general number.

"JaB" wrote:

Hi there

Does anyone know how to convert a number into minutes and seconds in the
following format - mm:ss

Many thanks

Ardus Petus

Converting to minutes and seconds

Thanks Je,

You saved me some typing.

Cheers
--
AP

"JE McGimpsey" a écrit dans le message de news:
XL stores times as fractional days, so if you want a true XL time,
you'll need to divide by 24*60*60:

A1: 23
A2: =A1/86400 === 0:00:23

In article ,
JaB wrote:

At the moment, the figure expressed is in seconds but displayed just as a
general number.

JE McGimpsey