-   -   Macro for Show/Hide Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/862-macro-show-hide-range.html)

Bill

Macro for Show/Hide Range

I need a Macro to Show / Hide a range called HIDEQUOTE.

The reason why I want to limit a Hide to a RANGE is if a column in the
middle were to be deleted, messing up any hope for Show/Hide column static
reference.

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK you can only hide rows and/or columns but not a rectangular range

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need a Macro to Show / Hide a range called HIDEQUOTE.

The reason why I want to limit a Hide to a RANGE is if a column in

the
middle were to be deleted, messing up any hope for Show/Hide column

static
reference.

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

You can only hide whole columns/rows. try to record a macro
while you hide the columns/rows that contain your range

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bill" wrote:

I need a Macro to Show / Hide a range called HIDEQUOTE.

The reason why I want to limit a Hide to a RANGE is if a column in the
middle were to be deleted, messing up any hope for Show/Hide column static
reference.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks to both Frank and Peo for the answer.

In the old Lotus 1-2-3 you were able to hide a range "containing" columns by
using a macro such as
/ w c h r rangename~
which stood for worksheet-column-hide-range-" "

Oh well, you see what I'm saying anyway. Guess there has to be a law in the
office not to delete columns after I've programmed macros :)