-   -   Fill a column with sequential numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/86096-fill-column-sequential-numbers.html)

GISDude

Fill a column with sequential numbers

Hi all.
I know i've seen this before.
Let's say i have a worksheet with 200 records and various fields. I
want to add another field labeled "Lot" and want to populate it
seqentially from 1 to 200. Now, I could do this manually and add them
in 1 by 1, but I could swear I've seent a trick that will do it from 1
to 200.

Any tip/idea would be appreciated.
Thx,

via135

Fill a column with sequential numbers

hi!

it would be helpful if u furnish the names of various *fields*

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Gord Dibben

Fill a column with sequential numbers

Assume "Lot" is in C1

In C2 enter 1

Select C2 and in namebox type C2:C2002 and <ENTER

EditFillSeriesLinearStep Value: 1 and OK

OR...............

Enter a 1 in C2 and a 2 in C3.

Select both cells and drag/copy down to C201

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 30 Apr 2006 12:01:25 -0700, "GISDude" wrote:

Hi all.
I know i've seen this before.
Let's say i have a worksheet with 200 records and various fields. I
want to add another field labeled "Lot" and want to populate it
seqentially from 1 to 200. Now, I could do this manually and add them
in 1 by 1, but I could swear I've seent a trick that will do it from 1
to 200.

Any tip/idea would be appreciated.
Thx,

Ron Coderre

Fill a column with sequential numbers

Try this:

Put a 1 in the first cell
<Edit<Fill<Series
Series in: (check rows or columns)
Type: Linear (the default)
Step value: 1 (the default)
Stop Value: 200
Click [Enter]

That will fill in the row or column with values from 1 through 200.

Is that something you can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"GISDude" wrote:

Hi all.
I know i've seen this before.
Let's say i have a worksheet with 200 records and various fields. I
want to add another field labeled "Lot" and want to populate it
seqentially from 1 to 200. Now, I could do this manually and add them
in 1 by 1, but I could swear I've seent a trick that will do it from 1
to 200.

Any tip/idea would be appreciated.
Thx,

GISDude