-   -   Date Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85880-date-format.html)

Shimmy

Date Format

How can I enter a date (mmddyyyy) without having to enter the dashes?
Different numbers come up when I try to type the date without dashes or
slashes? Please Help!
--
Thank You,
Shimmy

JE McGimpsey

Date Format

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

In article ,
Shimmy wrote:

How can I enter a date (mmddyyyy) without having to enter the dashes?
Different numbers come up when I try to type the date without dashes or
slashes? Please Help!

Peo Sjoblom

Date Format

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

nothing built in since there is no way excel could guess that 12142006 is a
date as opposed to the number 12,142,006.00 But the above link will give you
a solution

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com