-   -   Cant open Excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85849-cant-open-excel-file.html)

Steve

Cant open Excel file

I am unable to open an Excel file named 04/2006. Error message reads,
'Password protected or file may contain /' Can I ever access this??

Dave O

Cant open Excel file

I've never seen this error, but Excel seems to be choking on the slash
in the file name. As a suggestion, please find this file using My
Computer, copy it, then save it with a different name (avoiding the
slash). The reason to make a copy of the file, rather than simply
rename the file, is to have the original as-saved file intact. Hope
this works out for you!

Santhosh Kumar

Cant open Excel file

Hi

The file name should not contain any special characters like / \ ? " *.
If you can rename that file and open it, you would be able to access it.