-   -   Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85706-sort-sub-total-fill-color-font-color.html)

Excel_seek_help

Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color

I grouped my worksheet by highlighting cells with different Fill Color or
Font color. Will there be a way to sort the data with fill color or font
color. Further, can I subtotal the data with fill color or font color?
Appreciate your response in advance.

Gord Dibben

Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color

Excel will not sort, sum, count and other functions based on BG color or Font
color.

You need to download some User Defined Functions from a site such as Boob
Phillips' colorcounter page.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP