-   -   Delete 4 to 5 digits from left in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85692-re-delete-4-5-digits-left-cell.html)

Peo Sjoblom

Delete 4 to 5 digits from left in a cell

If : only occurs once per cell, select the column, do datatext to columns,
select delimited and click next, select other and put : in the other box,
click next, select the left column in the data preview (should be black)
which is the default, then select do not import (skip) and click finish

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"saziz" wrote in
message ...

Hi,
I got a sheet where I need to delete number followed by ':'. All these
numbers are at the left in a cell like this--- 300: text.... few
hundred rows. Any help please?
Aziz

--
saziz
saziz's Profile:

saziz

Delete 4 to 5 digits from left in a cell

Peo Sjoblom,
Thank you! It worked perfectly.
Regards
:)
Aziz

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536939

saziz

Delete 4 to 5 digits from left in a cell

Toppers,
That worked too. Now instead on the same sheet I am trying this on
sheet2 giving this code. =TRIM(MID(Sheet1!B2,FIND(":",B2)+1,255)) It
does not work. I don't know why. Any idea?
Thanks
Aziz

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536939

Toppers

Delete 4 to 5 digits from left in a cell

=TRIM(MID(Sheet2!A1,FIND(":",Sheet2!A1)+1,255))