-   -   plot 4 time series in a common graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85630-plot-4-time-series-common-graph.html)

Moohwan

plot 4 time series in a common graph

Hi

How could I plot 4 time series in a common graph?
I have four columns of Y data and have four sets of X data.
That is, I have four set of data where each are consist of a pair of X and Y.

thanks for your help in advance

moohwan

David Biddulph

"Moohwan" wrote in message
Hi

How could I plot 4 time series in a common graph?
I have four columns of Y data and have four sets of X data.
That is, I have four set of data where each are consist of a pair of X and
Y.

Select your first set of data (X & Y columns), insert the chart, then Add
Data & select your second set of data (choosing the "new series" option),
and similarly Add Data for your 3rd & for your 4th data sets.
Alternatively you can go into the Source Data menu, choose Add under
"Series", and add the X and Y value ranges there.
--
David Biddulph

Jon Peltier

plot 4 time series in a common graph

Note -

Use an XY chart. In a line chart, all series use the X values of the first
chart, and the values are generally not spaced according to value unless
Excel noticed they were dates and applied a time-scale axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services