-   -   can i increase the cell size in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85613-can-i-increase-cell-size-excel.html)

Bmorrison

can i increase the cell size in Excel?

Hi - I want to write lots and lots of text into an Excel box - is there a
limit to how much I can enter, or can I change this? I can see all the text
in the top bar, but some of it disappears when I look in the spreadsheet.
I've wrapped the text, but some still disappears - any suggestions?

widman

can i increase the cell size in Excel?

you can double click the bottom of the row on the left, or drag it.
Sometimes it works to format the cell to fit contents. I can't tell you why
it is only sometimes.

The limit of text is failry high, but if you want to ever cut and paste, or
makea copy of the sheet, it will truncate at 255 characters. I frequently
run into this limit.