-   -   Help a dumb arse & win a prize (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85546-help-dumb-arse-win-prize.html)

pricey

Help a dumb arse & win a prize

Howdy,

I work for a manufacturing company and i currently receive rolling
production figures for works orders daily and I need to calculate the
daily figure
(total quantity made yesterday - total made day before = yesterdays
total parts made for yesterday)
Obviously the calculation for this is simple but we have 25 machines
and works orders can change from day to day so I need to find a way of
excel recognising the works order number and starting from zero when a
new works order number is introduced.

Can anyone help?

P.S there's no prize, I lied :)

--
pricey
pricey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33897

Bob Phillips

Help a dumb arse & win a prize

Assuming that the numbers are in row 1, A1, B1, C1, etc, a formula to
extract the last two numbers is

=IF(COUNT(1:1)=1,INDEX(1:1,1,1),INDEX(1:1,1,MAX(IF (1:1<"",COLUMN(1:1))))-
INDEX(1:1,1,MAX(IF(1:1<"",COLUMN(1:1)))-1))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips