-   -   unable to display colors (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85474-unable-display-colors.html)

Art Ripley

unable to display colors

any spreadsheet shows in black & white, even if the original has cells filled
in color or the fonts are colored. If I edit the document, save it, and
transfer it back, the colors show on the other pc's, but on mine. If I
select a color printer, the print preview shows in color correctly. I have
re-installed Office 2003 Pro with no effect.........

nastech

unable to display colors

do key word search, with quotes: "no color" on this page
check item starting with same

"Art Ripley" wrote:

any spreadsheet shows in black & white, even if the original has cells filled
in color or the fonts are colored. If I edit the document, save it, and
transfer it back, the colors show on the other pc's, but on mine. If I
select a color printer, the print preview shows in color correctly. I have
re-installed Office 2003 Pro with no effect.........

R. Choate

unable to display colors

You didn't indicate if you have your Excel set for Print view or if you are referring to print preview. In any case, I have seen
this occur in situations where there has either been a print server in use or when the default printer is black and white or both.
If it is a print server that does not allow bidirectional communication, you could be out of luck. In any case, although I won't bet
my first born on this, my experience has been that this hasn't really been an Excel issue per se, but more of a print driver/print
server thing.

--
RMC,CPA