-   -   Excel Workday Function with another function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85456-excel-workday-function-another-function.html)

Monique

Excel Workday Function with another function

Is there a way to use workday function and also list the dates automatically?

i.e.

a1 = 5/1

b2= all working days until the last working day of the month. (Friday) I
have seen a formula that does this:
=if(a1="","",if(month(a1+1=month(a$1),a1+1,""))
but not with the workday function. It is not automatic and has to be dragged
over. I am not sure if this is possible, or I just don't know what order to
put them in.

I would like it to fill the working days automatically by entering the date
for one cell.

paul

Excel Workday Function with another function

c1=a1,c2=IF(AND(MONTH(C1+1)=MONTH($A$1),WEEKDAY(C1 +1,2)=1,WEEKDAY(C1+1,2)<6),C1+1,C1+3)
its not quite working but gives a column of dates from monday to friday.Its
not supposed to list dates that arent in the same month but it does.....its
late I am going to bed.Hope this is what you are after
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Monique" wrote:

Is there a way to use workday function and also list the dates automatically?

i.e.

a1 = 5/1

b2= all working days until the last working day of the month. (Friday) I
have seen a formula that does this:
=if(a1="","",if(month(a1+1=month(a$1),a1+1,""))
but not with the workday function. It is not automatic and has to be dragged
over. I am not sure if this is possible, or I just don't know what order to
put them in.

I would like it to fill the working days automatically by entering the date
for one cell.

Ron Rosenfeld

Excel Workday Function with another function

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:05:02 -0700, Monique
wrote:

Is there a way to use workday function and also list the dates automatically?

i.e.

a1 = 5/1

b2= all working days until the last working day of the month. (Friday) I
have seen a formula that does this:
=if(a1="","",if(month(a1+1=month(a$1),a1+1,""))
but not with the workday function. It is not automatic and has to be dragged
over. I am not sure if this is possible, or I just don't know what order to
put them in.

I would like it to fill the working days automatically by entering the date
for one cell.

If you are entering the values in sequential columns (e.g. B2, C2, D2, etc),
then perhaps this will work:

=IF($A$1="","",IF(MONTH(workday($A$1,COLUMNS($B:B) ))
=MONTH($A$1),workday($A$1,COLUMNS($B:B)),""))

Enter in B2 and copy/drag to the right as far as required to include all days
in one month.

--ron