-   -   Microsoft Excel will not show a "zero" as the first digit spot. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85342-microsoft-excel-will-not-show-zero-first-digit-spot.html)

Girls Club

Microsoft Excel will not show a "zero" as the first digit spot.

We have Windows XP. I have created a mailing label list in Microsoft Excel.
In the zip code column, a zero is the first digit. However, when printed out,
the zero does not appear, only the 4 digits after that. How do I get the
program to recognize and print the zero?

Bob Phillips

Microsoft Excel will not show a "zero" as the first digit spot.

Format as 00000

--
HTH

Bob Phillips