- copy this cell
- select your negative numbers
- use 'Edit - Paste Special - Multiply'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"fgiord" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How can I change a negative number to positive number

Copy and paste the following macro into your personal macro workbook. All
you have to do is select what you want to negate and run the macro. I
assigned a custom button with the picture "(-)" and name "Negate Selection".
Take notes Microsoft.

'Copy Below He

Sub Negate()
'
' Negate Macro
' Macro recorded 4/25/2006 by mcasey

Dim h, w, hctr, wctr As Integer
Dim selectionRange() As Variant

h = Selection.Rows.Count
w = Selection.Columns.Count
selectionRange = Selection.Value
hctr = 1
wctr = 1

While hctr <= h
While wctr <= w
selectionRange(hctr, wctr) = selectionRange(hctr, wctr) * -1
wctr = wctr + 1
Wend
wctr = 1
hctr = hctr + 1
Wend

Selection.Value = selectionRange

End Sub

Sandy Mann

negative number to positive number

"Frank Kabel" wrote

There's a blast from the past. Where did this thread come from? Even in OE
"Show all messages" it is on its own

--

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Mike Casey" <Mike
wrote in message

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
- put -1 in an empty cell
[...]

Mike Casey

negative number to positive number

I was looking for an easy way to negate numbers and this was the first thread
on the list when I searched for "negative" so once I made my own method I
thought I'd share it with anyone else searching.

-Mike