-   -   MAX value of a column that has #div/0 errors in it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/84804-max-value-column-has-div-0-errors.html)

Ray Elias

MAX value of a column that has #div/0 errors in it

In order to highlight the highest value in a column of numbers, I'm using the
conditional format formula:
=(F3=(MAX(F:F)))

However, there are #div/0 errors in this column and it won't work.

Is there a way to re-write the funtion so that it ignores the #div/0 errors?
Perhaps with a =not(iferror) or something to the like?

Toppers

MAX value of a column that has #div/0 errors in it

Ray,
Wouldn't it be better to remove the #Div/0 errors in the column?

"Ray Elias" wrote:

In order to highlight the highest value in a column of numbers, I'm using the
conditional format formula:
=(F3=(MAX(F:F)))

However, there are #div/0 errors in this column and it won't work.

Is there a way to re-write the funtion so that it ignores the #div/0 errors?
Perhaps with a =not(iferror) or something to the like?

Dave O

MAX value of a column that has #div/0 errors in it

Good morning, Ray-
I don't know this for sure, but my first impression is that the
conditional formula is not the place to filter out the DIV/0 errors. I
think the best way to go will be to replace the formulas in column F
with something like
=IF(ISNUMBER(your formula),your formula,"div zero error")

This will flag the errors and allow your MAX formula to work. I can't
definitively say "this is THE one and only solution", since Excel
provides many ways to skin a cat, but this will get you going until a
better solution is offered.