-   -   eliminate white space in Excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/844-eliminate-white-space-excel-file.html)

WhirlWind

eliminate white space in Excel file

I have a large Excel workbook that contains several sheet tabs. It must be
e-mailed monthly. Is there away to eliminate the unused cells from the file
to condense it.

no. what is there is there and cannot be added to or
reduced.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
See this site for suggestions/alternate ideas.

I have a large Excel workbook that contains several sheet

tabs. It must be
e-mailed monthly. Is there away to eliminate the unused

cells from the file
to condense it.
.

Don Guillett

A workbook must have a minimum of ONE worksheet. So, you may eliminate the
others.
You may not delete unused rows/columns. But, use ctrl+end to find the last
used. Delete (not clear) unused and SAVE. You may hide all unused
rows/columns

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"WhirlWind" wrote in message
I have a large Excel workbook that contains several sheet tabs. It must

be
e-mailed monthly. Is there away to eliminate the unused cells from the

file
to condense it.

JE McGimpsey

No. Each worksheet has exactly 16,777,216 cells, and empty cells don't
add to file size.

An empty worksheet (tab) will add a small amount, but hardly worth the
effort of deleting it.