Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cubsfan

Default Summing based on 2 criteria

I am trying to get a cell to sum based on 2 different ranges. Example, I
have one column called status (which has a range of 0-5) and one called
Type (which is based on SF, Acres, and Units). I've also got a 3rd
column that is called size and it contains only numeric values that
need to be summed up.

I was trying to figure out how I could create a formula that is able to
search all of the 1s in the first column and match it up with all of the
"Acres" in the other column and give me a total summed up value based on
a third numeric column.

--
cubsfan
cubsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33272

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

There is a very powerful tool called SUMPRODUCT() that can help you. There
is also a really good explanation at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct
--
Gary's Student

"cubsfan" wrote:

I am trying to get a cell to sum based on 2 different ranges. Example, I
have one column called status (which has a range of 0-5) and one called
Type (which is based on SF, Acres, and Units). I've also got a 3rd
column that is called size and it contains only numeric values that
need to be summed up.

I was trying to figure out how I could create a formula that is able to
search all of the 1s in the first column and match it up with all of the
"Acres" in the other column and give me a total summed up value based on
a third numeric column.

--
cubsfan
cubsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33272
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534598

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200=1),--(B2:B200="Acres"),C2:C200)

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips