-   -   Net Work Days (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/84070-net-work-days.html)

Bryan

Net Work Days

Greetings,

I have one sheet which contains a status, date received, and a date
completed.

I would like to be able to calculate the average number of work days between
date received and date completed where the status is equal to "closed".

I have figured out a not so slick way by adding another column to my sheet
and calling the networkdays function on every row.

I'd like a more elegant solution where I can look across the entire range
and calculate the average number of networkdays where the status is equal to
"Closed".

I tried average(networkdays(received range:closed range)) for starters but
the networkdays function doesn't want to take a range of values......

Help/Suggestions welcome....