Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Guy Normandeau

Default Custom data validation

I have several function that needs to be done as part of validation. This
requires that I call a custom function. Is there a way that I can call a
custom function from the data validation? I see many examples that calls
standard Excel functions but I do not see any custom calls.

Also, which is faster? A validation done using the Data Validation or an
event trigger? I will be validating between 10000 and 15000 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Guy Normandeau

If I use an event. How can I manually trigger an error condition so that the
user will be forced to re-input the cell with a valid entry?