-   -   how do you set up a mandatory field in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/835-how-do-you-set-up-mandatory-field-excel.html)

Lisa

how do you set up a mandatory field in Excel?

I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone help?

Frank Kabel

Hi
this would require vBA. e.g. checking the Beforeclose event

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Lisa" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone

help?

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could have an adjacent cell with a formula like:

=if(a1<"","","Please Fill In A1!")

format in nice big red letters.

And if you have any important calculations, you could add a check to make sure
that the cell is completed before you show the results:

=if(a1="","Not until you fill in A1",yourcalculationhere)