-   -   I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps locking up on me, I need he (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/83173-i-have-excel-spreadsheet-keeps-locking-up-me-i-need-he.html)

pam

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps locking up on me, I need he

I do not know why this spreadsheet keeps locking up.

John James

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps locking up on me, I need he

Nor do I.

Any other clues?

e.g.
Size of file? Complexity of calculation? Array formulae? Speed of
recalculation? Can you open it and it later locks? What precedes it
locking? Do you have an earlier version that doesn't lock? Latest
changes made before lockups occurred?
What's your strategy if you can't get this file working? Does it work
on another PC (perhaps a newer one)? etc

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690

Bryan Hessey

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps locking up on me, I need he

Pam,

Which System and version of Excel are you using, and was the Workbook
created on a prior vesion of Excel?

Is the workbook very large? - do you get warnings about Circular References?
- do you have a lot of references to other books?

Is there any VBA code in this workbook? Do you have Adobe Acrobat loaded?

Any further clues?

Can you easily create a new workbook, and for each sheet, Copy and Paste
Formats, then Copy and Paste all data?

--

"pam" wrote:

I do not know why this spreadsheet keeps locking up.

John James

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps locking up on me, I need he

Could this be your problem?

http://tinyurl.com/m88ac