-   -   Allow selection of multiple values in dropdown list in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/83087-allow-selection-multiple-values-dropdown-list-excel.html)

Nancy @ CHR

Allow selection of multiple values in dropdown list in excel

Hello --

We've got no problem in creating a list for a drop down box in Excel and
assigning the list to a cell, etc. but how can you set it so that you can
select multiple values? For example, if the drop down list includes
1,2,3,4,5,6 as possible values, how can I get it to allow me to select 1 and
3 or 1, 3, 5 and 6 all at once (like you would typically expect to do by
holding down the CTRL key while selecting each value)?

Your help will be much appreciated! :-)
Nancy

Toppers

Allow selection of multiple values in dropdown list in excel

Use a Listbox (Control Toolbar) with the MultiSelect property set to
"fmMultiSelectMulti".

"Nancy @ CHR" wrote:

Hello --

We've got no problem in creating a list for a drop down box in Excel and
assigning the list to a cell, etc. but how can you set it so that you can
select multiple values? For example, if the drop down list includes
1,2,3,4,5,6 as possible values, how can I get it to allow me to select 1 and
3 or 1, 3, 5 and 6 all at once (like you would typically expect to do by
holding down the CTRL key while selecting each value)?

Your help will be much appreciated! :-)
Nancy

Debra Dalgleish

Allow selection of multiple values in dropdown list in excel

You can do this with data validation and programming. There's a sample
file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures