-   -   Excel is turning entered dates into formulas despite format. Why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82900-excel-turning-entered-dates-into-formulas-despite-format-why.html)

Matt Mahan

Excel is turning entered dates into formulas despite format. Why?

I have a worksheet that turns all numbers with an operator into a formula.
For instance when I enter "4/11/06" it changes it to "=4/11/06". This is
regardless of what the cell format is, date, general, etc. I can create
another worksheet in this workbook and this does not occur. I can get around
this problem, but there is something tied to this particular sheet that
changes what is entered and I would like to find it.
Any help out there?

This is Excel 2003

Peo Sjoblom

Excel is turning entered dates into formulas despite format. Why?

Toolsoptionstransition uncheck transition formula entry, it is for
compatibility with Lotus 123

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Matt Mahan" <Matt wrote in message
I have a worksheet that turns all numbers with an operator into a formula.
For instance when I enter "4/11/06" it changes it to "=4/11/06". This is
regardless of what the cell format is, date, general, etc. I can create
another worksheet in this workbook and this does not occur. I can get
around
this problem, but there is something tied to this particular sheet that
changes what is entered and I would like to find it.
Any help out there?

This is Excel 2003

ben.hauber

You, sir, are a genius! I registered with this site just to thank you for defanging this beast that's been driving me absolutely mad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peo Sjoblom (Post 278883)
Toolsoptionstransition uncheck transition formula entry, it is for
compatibility with Lotus 123

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com
nce when I enter "4/11/06" it changes it to "=4/11/06". This is
regardless of what the cell format is, date, general, etc. I can create
another worksheet in this workbook and this does not occur. I can get
around
this problem, but there is something tied to this particular sheet that
changes what is entered and I would like to find it.
Any help out there?

This is Excel 2003[/color]