-   -   Macro to find and delete rows! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82864-macro-find-delete-rows.html)

Heather O'Malley

Macro to find and delete rows!

I am trying to find and delete specific rows in a spreadsheet, however the reference I=
=E2=80=99m looking for e.g. 800411 is not always going to be in the spreadsheet, so my=
macro is not working on all occasions =E2=80=93 any ideas how I can overcome this.

Macro so far: =

Sheets("top10month").SelectCells.Find(What:=3D"800 411", After:=3DActiveC=
ell, LookIn:=3DxlFormulas, LookAt _
:=3DxlPart, SearchOrder:=3DxlByRows, SearchDirection:=3DxlNext, MatchCase:=
=3D _
False, SearchFormat:=3DFalse).Activate
ActiveCell.Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Select
Application.CutCopyMode =3D False
Selection.Delete Shift:=3DxlUp
ActiveCell.Select
=

Any help is appreciated this is a great forum for beginners like me! Thanks

CLR

Macro to find and delete rows!

ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
feature that does this nicely..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Heather O'Malley" wrote:

I am trying to find and delete specific rows in a spreadsheet, however the reference Im looking for e.g. 800411 is not always going to be in the spreadsheet, so my macro is not working on all occasions €“ any ideas how I can overcome this.

Macro so far:

Sheets("top10month").SelectCells.Find(What:="80041 1", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
ActiveCell.Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
ActiveCell.Select

Any help is appreciated this is a great forum for beginners like me! Thanks

Dave Peterson

Macro to find and delete rows!

Dim FoundCell as Range
with Worksheets("Top10Month")
set foundcell = .cells.find(What:="800411", After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
if foundcell is nothing then
'not found
else