-   -   How do I get auto suggest to work in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82811-how-do-i-get-auto-suggest-work-excel.html)

KasiaT

How do I get auto suggest to work in Excel

I want excel to guess what I'm about to type into a cell so that I don't have
to type the whole word in every time.

John James

How do I get auto suggest to work in Excel

Select Tools-Autocorrect Options and make your selections

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690

Dave Peterson

How do I get auto suggest to work in Excel

If you want to choose from items you've typed in that same column...

Tools|options|edit tab|check "enable autocomplete for cell values"

KasiaT wrote:

I want excel to guess what I'm about to type into a cell so that I don't have
to type the whole word in every time.

--

Dave Peterson

John James

How do I get auto suggest to work in Excel

Oops ... thanks Dave, I missed that one