-   -   Excel links in Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82695-excel-links-word.html)

snax500

Excel links in Word

In Word2000, I want to insert many Excel2000 links into a monthly
letter. I know how to do this Copy-PasteSpecial Unformatted text -
Link. The porblem is that once I modify to the next month, I need to
change the Excel tab link to the next month. How can I do this easily.
For example, in the Excel file, I have the following monthly tabs, Jan,
Feb, Mar, etc. I link the data to the Jan monthly letter. Once the next
month (Feb) comes around how do I change all these links to the Feb tab
in the same Excel file?

Thanks

Gary''s Student

Excel links in Word

Lets say you have a special tab called "current" which is a simple copy of
the most recent month. So if April is the current month, then "current"
would just be a copy of the April tab.

Now when you insert your links they should point to "current". This way you
will never have to update the links.
--
Gary's Student