Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lowen

Default Hyperlink to document on different server

I have created an Excel spreadsheet on one server within our organization and
am trying to create a hyperlink to a PDF file on another server. I am able
to create the hyperlink, but when I try to open it, I get a warning message
about opening the doc (some files may contain viruses, etc.), and then an
error stating "No program is registered to open this file."
I have tried doing the same thing on other PCs within our org. and have been
able to open the hyperlink. That is, the problem is only with one PC.
Running Win XP, Office 2003. No accounts (Local Power User, Local Admin,
Domain Admin) can open the link successfully.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lowen

Yes, Adobe Reader is installed on the PC. I have since uninstalled and
reinstalled Adobe and that fixed the problem.