-   -   Copy Data List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82520-copy-data-list.html)

rhovey

Copy Data List

I have created a Data List which includes in one of the cells a
sensitive formula. Since Excel does not allow protection of cells in a
List, I wanted to remove those formulas to a seprate (hidden)
worksheet, which would populate as users entered values in the list on
the original worksheet. However, the list I created on the hidden
worksheet will not expand as the list expands on the original
worksheet. Any idea why?

--
rhovey
rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32308

Bryan Hessey

Copy Data List

First guess would be that your formula was copied down far enough to
cover your existing volume of data, and did not cover all rows.

You would need to enable your sensitive formula to expand with your
data, or fill the whole column of the hidden sheet with something like

=IF(OriginalSheet!A1="","","sensitive formula")