-   -   help with my inventory (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82260-help-my-inventory.html)

juliocrd

help with my inventory

Hello, first of all, I wanna thank you for this helpfull forum, I am
just a begineer using excel, but I wanna say it is an excellent tool
for small business owner as my self.

My question is, i hava an inventory of 2000 products, and when I add
another prodcut, I usually write the product code in a cell of a
column, but at this moment I have some products with the same code, I
dont know how to discriminate those, I wanna know if somenone knows a
formula, to avoid repeat information in excel, it will be very handfull
for me.

Thanks a lot for everything.

Julio Rodriguez.

--
juliocrd
juliocrd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33294

Peo Sjoblom

help with my inventory

Assume you type in the product code in Column A, click column A header to
select the whole column with A1 as active then do datavalidation,
allowcustom and put this in the formula box

=COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)<=1

now try to enter a duplicate

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions