Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ufo_pilot

Default ConditionalFormat-EndsWith, and logical Test IF

Hi all,
I hope I don't confuse anyone...
Small sample of my spreadsheet below

Col A(Features) Col B (Cond.Calculation of Col C) Col C (EndsWith)
HOLE_1.X =IF(C5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)
=RIGHT(A5,2)HOLE_1.Y =IF(C6="TP",datadump!HL6,datadump!C6)
etc...
HOLE_1.DF =IF(C7="TP",datadump!HL7,datadump!C7)
HOLE_1.TP =IF(C8="TP",datadump!HL8,datadump!C8)
HOLE_1.B =IF(C9="TP",datadump!HL9,datadump!C9)

I am trying to conditional format Col B by the result of the first logical
test, not by the formula result. So when the first statement is "TRUE" (IF
C5="TP" (TRUE))
the format should read the first TRUE or FALSE answer, not the actual result
of the formula.
Also, I am trying to conditional format a row on the result of Col A
"EndsWith"
So if the feature in column A ends with .X, format entire row yellow(e.g.)
If feature ends with .Y , format entire row differernt color etc...

TIA

=IF(D5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)